This morning I had to go to a class on how to be an escort for the
contractors that work on base, and it was only a 30 min class so I
have had the whole rest of the day off. This is very exciting. I have
to be at work in the morning at 5 am, but I only have to stay until 8
am. We are easing into our new routine. Right now it sounds like I am
going to keep the job that I want and will be on the night shift.
Yay.
I thought I would take the rest of this post to reply to comments
people have made.
Shelly- If I get 10 Texas flags that would be just fine, because then
I can share the love with other people…or just hang them all over my
room. =) You are right the Missouri state flag is better and I would
even take one of those flags over Arakansas. As always I am glad to
hear you are working for peace, if someone wasn’t I would lose all
hope.
John- Thanks for reading the blog, and also thanks for the post. I
don’t know what my experience will be like with the graveyard shift,
but I have a feeling there may be some similarities. The guy that I
will be working with is an officer (1LT) and he is way older than me,
because he is a former 1st Sgt. This is good news for me, because he
has lots of army experience and can teach me where to find information
and will help me out when I have to go knock down someone’s door
trying to get information from them.
I am very confident that we will all become very close (not just the
four other people from my unit that will doing this job, but everyone
on post that has the same job as me) because that is what we keep
hearing from everyone. We are a small group of people and if we don’t
help each other out it can be a very miserable experience…this is what
people keep saying.
As far as nothing happening at night…well that isn’t true for the
military. Everything happens at night in the army, but my job will
probably still be very low key late at night because I am doing a desk
job, but it may get busier towards the end of the shift when people
start going to work and stuff.
There won’t be any senior management on the night shift, which will be
nice. Too bad anything and everything I do will still be tracked first
thing in the morning by senior management. Including what websites I
go to because the tech guys will be monitoring that stuff constantly,
so I probably won’t be visiting youtube on my work computer. That
doesn’t mean I can’t go take breaks in the break room and use the
computer there to play on youtube and facebook. =) I will just have to
see how it all works out, and I get to start tomorrow morning at 5 am.
I am going In from 5 to 8 am to witness the shift change and maybe see
how the shift runs when it starts to get busy.
Bev- Where is Mike? Is he still afraid of blogging? =) Thanks for the
news updates. Figures the Cards are still winning…oh well. Maybe next
year they will lose and the Cubs will take their playoff spot. One can
only dream. =)
I didn’t clarify when I said organic…that means her orginal unit is
the unit from Arkansas. Mine orginal unit was up in Jeff City and then
I got moved to the unit in Arkansas so they could fill a position that
was open. Good job with the Army lingo too, and just so everyone knows
CHU stands for Containerized Housing Unit (they are smaller than a
dorm room). And a Mizzou flag would look great in my room. I know
exactly where I would hang it.
I am going to try and post pictures ASAP…like maybe tonight if I have time. The problem is finding internet that is fast enough that it
will download the pictures. Thanks for all the comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here's what VerizonWireless said: They needed your home base where located (I gave them your mailing address) and name/rank of commanding officer (LTC Wilson, per the family newsletter). They will suspend your phone for up to 24 months, at a savings of $25/mo (family plan + text plan). You may reactivate your phone instantly at any time by contacting them. Nice.
ReplyDeleteAs I wrote this, your mom opened a box containing a Starbucks mug from Kuwait, intact. Thanks, I love it, and I'll take it to the office. I leave for Chicago at 6AM (my choice of time: the more to be in Chicago) to learn more about how to support my soldier. Thanks for the mug. The worms get to eat the shredded paper; I know they're grateful too. --Dad
Anna,
ReplyDeleteHow was your first day on the job?
Love you MOM
Glad to see you got the job you wanted, I was worried for you. Not that I know what it is, but I'll take your word for it that it's better.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's no good that they'll be monitoring your Web sites (if they monitored mine at work, for example, they would see me visiting your blog all the time looking for updates) but 3 hours a day isn't so bad. Although if I remember correctly, you like the morning just about as much as me so that will be rough. When do you start having to work longer hours?
Things over here are not too exciting. Whitney is coming to visit up to visit this weekend since she's 21 now (How old are we??), and I'm trying to think of things I can send you since i don't have a TX flag. I'm thinking a picture of myself in my cousin's bridesmaid dress may make your day, and since I'm sure as hell not posting it on the internet I'll have to mail it to you. If you'd like to see a preview, the dress can be found here: http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974¤tIdx=24&subCategory=-49998976%7c-49998975%7c-49998974&catentryId=6096901&sort= Haha.
Anyway, stay safe!
Anna!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know that smalls and i seem to be improving our relationship. my calves have been safe in the apartment lately. but who knows when she will turn on me again.
i hope you like me and m's apartment!!
miss you love you
train