I posted new photos. They are below this post. I am sure I have lost your attention now, because all you can think is "I want to know what her room looks like..." and now you are looking at the photos instead of reading my very important blog post. You may be wondering why this blog post is so important, well for starters I am writing it. That makes it important. Secondly, I feel like rambling and rambling is only fun when you have an audience. So pay attention, and don't be like me and get distracted by shiny objects, things that move, things that go 'boom', or cool photos of my room posted below.
It is Thursday morning for me, which for you means two more days til the weekend. For me it means absolutely nothing. We don't have weekends here, so that means the phrase TGIF is lost on us. We haven't started our days off yet, and I have no idea when we will start. My co-worker (that makes me feel old) says it will start when our boss, OIC, (that is what we call them in the army, 5 bucks to whoever know what that stands for...and using google disqualifies you) gets tired. My boss happens to be an Army Ranger. He won't get tired. Oh well. At least I get to drive a car. Why yes, there are vehicles here that are not tactical vehicles and I so happen to have access to one. We drive it every night to chow. We could take the bus or walk, but driving is more fun and faster. I learned the other day that pedestrians here do not have the right of way. Which is really quite surprising, because the Army stresses safety in EVERYTHING!!! So you would think they would give the right of way to the pedestrian just as a matter of safety. But I don't write the rules...
So, I am am wondering how many people are going to make comments on my room being messy. Everyone that comes over to our room says it is messy, but Cara and I don't see it. We have the same mentality on room cleanliness. We sweep everyday, and we never make our beds. I made my bed in the photos because I wanted you guys to see the quilt. The coffee table also upsets people, they think it should be put someplace (there is no place for it to go) and they want me to take the coffee maker off the floor. I like it on the floor. It gives it personality. Long story longer, Cara and I see eye to eye on the room situation, but everyone else gives us crap about it. When they leave our room, we look at each other and say "umm I don't care do you care?" Nope. And just so you know, I asked my NCOIC (once again 5 bucks to whoever can tell me what that means)for the SOP (standard operating procedures, I thought I would give you guys that one) on room regulations. I am officially an Army nerd. Or just defensive about my living conditions...
Last night at work was pretty uneventful. Actually it was eventful, but I can't talk about it. Which sucks, but the enemy could be watching. There are signs posted everywhere that say that... so I guess I should listen to them and not tell you about what happened until the information becomes unclassified. Which will happen in 2019, or once CNN gets a hold of it. Although I have noticed that the news does not report on Iraq very much, and there is much more attention on Afghanistan. Which is good, because I saw today that the CG (commanding general) in Afghanistan wants 40,000 more troops. That's a lot. I just wish the news would report on what happens in the streets of Iraq more. Not so much what is happening with the soldiers, but what is happening with the Iraqis. I know what is happening because I see the reports, and either no one cares or no one knows (probably the former). I will say that its disheartening. I think that is about all I can say.
Okay, on to happier thoughts...
Hey there is cake. Stop laughing. I am in the break room, and I looked over at the kitchen area and there is a big cake. Ohhh yeah its someone's birthday today. Duh. I want cake, but I am about to go home and go to sleep. Frick. I love cake.
What else, what else. Oh! A friend asked me if I looked like G.I. Jane yet. She said that her friends who come home from Iraq look like her. No, I don't look like her because I refuse to shave my head. Hahaha, just kidding. I don't have a six pack yet. We do workout a lot here though...its the only thing to do. Or at least it's the only thing that my friends and I want to do.
Well that's all I got. Hope you enjoyed the vehicle information, long room tirade, slight political soap box, and lack of information on last nights events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A. I read the whole thing before looking at your pictures, which believe me, took some will power. And I did laugh out loud about the cake.
ReplyDeleteB. I said 'duh' today and someone asked me if i thought it was 1995. Now I see that I get it from you.
I am also slowly but surely gathering stuff to send over to you. It'll be...wait for it...awesome.
And I'm going to take a stab at the OIC challenge...Officer in charge? order in court? I don't know. Was I close?
Hope you get a day off soon, work is no fun.
Pour Nana,
ReplyDeleteI think you owe me $10.00
Officer in charge
Non commissioned oficer in charge
Who else?
TSMA
Anna, this blog post cracked me up. I loooove the pics of your room, thanks for posting them. I did not know you brought Franklin, but it is good that he is keeping you company.
ReplyDeleteFirst day at the brewery today. I made meatballs, and my manager told me before I roll em up and cook em, to fry a piece of the prepared meatballs and taste it. So I did. A few hours ago. And I can still feel it inside of me. I will let you know when I have mentally and emotionally recovered.