We have been at Camp Buehring for four days now, and I am over this place. I tried uploading photos to the website so you guys could have visual aid for this place, but the internet connection is so slow that it takes forever to upload the images...so I am going to try later or maybe wait until I get to Balad. Right now I am sitting in Starbucks using the internet, so I feel very much at home right now. We still don't know when we are going to leave this place, but the sooner the better. We have had a few training events, but mainly we have had a lot of down time in which everyone feels the need to sleep. I, believe it or not, am kinda of sick of sleeping all the time so I have been wandering around and exploring Camp Buehring (which is slightly depressing).
The few training events we have had are the rollover training, IED defeat training, and counter-insurgency training. All things we have had before, but important things that they want to re-id-irate to us before we leave here. The rollover training was actually a lot of fun. They put you in a stripped down vehicle and roll you on your side and have you get out and then roll you all the way over 180 degrees and then have you get out. Apparently since the army has started this training deaths and injuries due to rollovers have decreased by 80%. Which after you go through the training you can understand why.
I found out what my job will be while I am in Iraq. The entire time I was at Ft. Hood I was unclear as to what I was going to be doing, but I finally switched my positions because of a good friend here, and so I have a job. A ligitimate job, and I would love to tell you guys about it but probably shouldn't. I will say that I will be working...a lot. Which is fine by me, because the more I work hopefully the faster time will go.
The shower and toilet situation is getting old very quickly. My friend has already left here for Balad and she tells me that the situation is a lot better there. Clean showers, toilets, and sinks with running water and soap. This is all very exciting news for us. Right now we have port-a-potties, and un-clean shower trailers. Awesome. I really miss washing my hands. The only time we get to do that is before each meal because the DFAC has sinks with soap. Otherwise all we get to use is anti-bacterial soap...blah.
Well I am going to go now. I have rambled on for long enough, and probably lost half of my audience. I am just really excited about my new job and wanted to share with the group. I hope everyone is doing well, and if people happen to ask about me you can let them know that I am doing just fine. Just patiently waiting to start my job for the next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats all very interesting, I wouldnt worry about losing your audience. Im so glad to hear that you have a "very important" job. Seriously, that is great. Also, happy to hear you get to roll over in the chameleon again, that sounds like fun ;)Cant wait to see the pictures!! Talk to you soon
ReplyDeletewait wait wait...did anna watson just say that she was tired of sleeping?
ReplyDelete