Well we just got back from a four day pass on Wednesday evening and now we are sitting around waiting till we get the go ahead to leave here and go to Kuwait. I don't know when we will get that okay, but I think we will be here for at least another week. We don't have anything to do though, we are done with all of our training and classes, so now we wait.
This morning we had to get our last medical exam. For the females that means we had to get a pregnancy test, and no one came up as positive which honestly I am kinda of surprised about. I figured with over 50 females at least one would come back positive, but I am glad that no one was positive. They draw our blood for the test, which for me means a painful experience. One person has been able to hit the vein on their first try when trying to draw blood on me. It usually takes two or three tries and lots of digging around in my arm trying to hit the vein. Luckily for me I don't get faint easily so I usually watch because it is pretty entertaining. The person drawing blood is sweating more than I am.
I also went to clothing and sales today (the store that sells all the uniforms and cool giddgets and gadgets that you can add to your uniform to look all high speed and stuff) and bought new boots. Very exciting in the soldier world. They are really cool and high speed...maybe I will take a picture and post it on the blog.
Tonight there is a "party" at the chapel because one of the chaplins (ministers) is getting promoted from a major to a Lieutenant Colonel, and he is going to cater dinner for us all and it should be fun. I am excited about it because it's Italian food and it is not DFAC (dinning hall) food. I will post more when I feel like I have more to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear you had a great time on your 4 day pass! Really surprised to hear how much down time you have in between classes and assignments. Here I had you pictured running 10 miles a day, cleaning toilets with a tooth brush...guess I watch too many movies (Ya think?)
ReplyDeleteParty at the chapel sounds wild and crazy! Did you say Italian dinner? I can't wait to hear what was on the menu!
Bev