Here is my M16. No it does not have a name, and no I will not name it. And yes that is duct tape holding on my ammo pouch. I had the option of spending 15 dollars on an ammo pouch attachment or using SFC McAllen's free duct tape. The decision wasn't that hard.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Vehicles
So my friend Sam has a mom that works and at a before and after school care place and her class has adopted me and been sending me amazing care packages since I got here. The latest one was a Christmas package and a bunch of the cards had 5 things they would like to see if they came to Iraq. A lot of the kids put they would like to see a tank, gun, plane, or something of that nature. So I thought I would post on here what the vehicles look like that soldiers drive around in. I am not proficient on what all the different types are meant for and the specifics of each one. All I know is they look cool and they have saved 100's of lives because of the protection they provide troops. Also, they Army doesn't use tanks like they used to because they aren't practical. So on a convoy you don't see tanks escorting the cargo, you see these bad boys.







Here is my M16. No it does not have a name, and no I will not name it. And yes that is duct tape holding on my ammo pouch. I had the option of spending 15 dollars on an ammo pouch attachment or using SFC McAllen's free duct tape. The decision wasn't that hard.
Here is my M16. No it does not have a name, and no I will not name it. And yes that is duct tape holding on my ammo pouch. I had the option of spending 15 dollars on an ammo pouch attachment or using SFC McAllen's free duct tape. The decision wasn't that hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletewell, i'm not that into christmas, but i realize you're over there and we're here.
ReplyDeleteseeing your gun makes me cringe.
i'm in a hotel room in ohio and i keep thinking it's horrible, but, well, your gun makes me realize it's not that bad.
there's also this commercial on t.v. right now: a bunch of soldiers covered in dirt and sweating and suddenly it's snowing. cut to: a kid saying something about wishing a present for his dad when he talked to santa. get it? he wished for snow for his dad in iraq. it's cheesy.
if i believed in all that, i guess i'd wish for rugby balls, beer, and people you love to fall out of the sky.
and those people would snatch you up, fly back up into the sky and bring you home.