Another day and nothing much has changed. I still go to work everyday except Wednesdays and I still do not do a whole heck of a lot at work. I have a generally boring job, but I am getting paid and I like the people I work with. Which means I am better off than a lot of people.
This week I have finished reading the Godfather and then watching the first movie. The movie did a very good job in staying true to the book. Everything that happens in the movie happens in the book, but just in a different order. I have not watched the Godfather II or III, so I will let you know if the movies start to get carried away and doing things differently. The book was great though, and if you get the chance you should read it.
I have watched more of The Office with Cara and we are almost done with season 3. We took a brief intermission to watch Four Christmases, and that was a fantastic movie. My co-worker LT Duvall bought me seasons 1 thru 8 of Scrubs from the Iraqi mart here and so I now have that to look forward to at work. I love that show.
We have played a couple football games since I last updated this blog and we won them all. We are on a three game win streak, and one of those wins includes a huge upset over the number one team in the league that was undefeated. The Cowboys got their inspiration from us. It's been a lot of fun playing QB, but I do miss playing defense. No one has gotten injured either (Cara has somewhat stayed on her feet in all of our games). We play the DC Divas (the team we may or may not have started a fight against) again in about a week and a half....I have no idea why they are letting us play again. I would cancel the game if I was running the league, but I guess someone wants to see some action.
I have faith that we won't start anymore fights though. We have learned our lesson, and were able to beat the undefeated team because we didn't let them get inside our heads with all their smack talk and illegal contact.
Only two more shopping days until Christmas. I need to get to the store. Just kidding. No Christmas presents from me this year. Sorry if anyone was expecting something from me. Apparently it takes about a month to get a letter from Iraq, so I can only imagine how long a package would take. I plan on getting my group of friends together and taking some sort of Christmas picture over here and I will of course post it.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas and stays safe. Eat an extra slice of pumpkin pie for me, because the pie over here...not so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment