"Calling in sick" means telling your first line leader that you are sick. Then they look at you with the skeptical eye that I think is meant to make you feel bad for being sick which your first line leader hopes will result in you just going to work and not sick call. So if you are really sick, you go to sick call and the doctor will tell you that you need to be on quarters (confined to your room for rest) and give you a bunch of medicine. Of course any smart person could have figured this out, but the Army wants documentation as to why you are not at work and how long you plan on not working. Hopefully it all passes in 24 hours otherwise people really start to wonder what the hell is wrong with you. I was fortunate enough to get sick on my day off, so I just spent my time off feeling sorry for myself and sleeping. I took two days off from the gym and felt a little better, except for this stupid cough that won't leave me alone.
We played our last regular season flag football game and we lost. It was crap. We played the team that we got in a fight with, and we were all on our best behavior and so were they. They beat us in overtime. The combination of bad playing and poor reffing lead to our loss. We scored the extra point on our touchdown, but the ref didn't give it to us. I think he decided this out of fear that it would look like he was favoring our team...whatever. We get a re-match with them in the first round of the playoffs which start on Saturday. I think we will be okay.
I have received a few more awesome care packages. One from my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Paul, and my cousin Lora. Full of awesome food. Cara and polished off the Raisinets in a matter of days, but no worries. I received a care package from my Aunt Susie and Uncle Dale and the re-supplied our stash so all is well over here. Oh, and my side of the room looks like a very confused person sleeps over there.
The Nebraska blanket is from my Aunt Rogene and Uncle Tom. The Nebraska flag is from my Aunt Susie and Uncle Dale.
The Mizzou pillowcase is from my Aunt Susie and Uncle Dale and I am sure it was homemade.
Oh, and I thought I should hang the grainy black and white photos that Jane sent me one because there awesome and two because every wall needs grainy black and white photos on it.
Anna, Yes it is homemade and couldn't think of anything else that you could want but something with Mizzou on it. Hope you enjoy it and sorry it was late. Darn postal regs. anyway hope there is a little of home were you are. Take care and come home soon As Always Uncle Dale & Aunt Susie.
ReplyDelete