Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Grind

It's been awhile. Maybe a week. The main reason for the delayed blogging is the lack of excitement here. The choppers are staying in the sky, and we are not allowed to leave the wire so there are no great adventures to be told right now.

Cara and I have a pretty set routine. I guess I will explain it to you guys indetail so I have something to write about.

I work the graveyard shift from 0100 to 0800, and by the time I get home it is usually 9 or so. I try to go to bed around that time, but I usually get to sleep around 1030. I bought season 5 of The Office and season 3 of 30 Rock, so I usually watch an episode before I go to bed. I attempt to sleep from 1030 to 1700. Sleeping during the day is terrible though. I wake up a few times and never feel fully rested. I have decided that my brain thinks I am just taking a nap, so I constantly feel like I just woke up from a nap.

I wake up around 1700 and go to chow with Cara, Marie, Shandi, and Kerry. Then Cara and I go to the gym. Sometimes Shandi and Marie come along, but they always leave way earlier than Cara and I...so we have just stopped inviting them. They also have to wake up to do PT at 530 Monday thru Friday (sucks to be them).

After the gym we go home and shower, and then I go to work at 1230ish. Cara then goes to sleep and we start the cycle all over the next day. It's a nice routine. We are both addicted to the gym, so that is helpful. We also don't work together, so there is less chance of us getting sick of each other.

There are days that we deviate from this. Thursday's is bible study night, and that always runs way late. So, we decided that Thursday would be our rest day. Sunday we go to church at 1700, and then everyone goes to chow after that. I mentioned this before, about the "Thanksgiving dinner" after church. This week was no different. That is probably the highlight of my week because it is so entertaining.

This week I got to make fun of a certain Major who is a Michigan fan, because they lost to Michigan State in overtime. She did not take it well... but she had to keep the profanity down because the Chaplin was sitting next to her. =)

We are going to start playing flag football in a couple weeks. There is a female league here, and I couldn't say no. The name of the team is the Female Mafia. Apparently this is the nickname some officers gave to my friends and me, and when we discovered this information we all embraced it. Now it's the name of our football team. Don't worry we have a Godmother...but I think it's against mafia rules to tell you who that is. I am not an expert on this stuff, but I rather be safe than sorry.

This coming Saturday is the Army 10 miler. The real deal is in Washington D.C., but they are having one here at JBB. There are quite a few people running in it from the 90th, myself included, and I am pretty excited. One because you get a free t-shirt, and two I get to take off work. Yay. I am suppose to be running it with Kerry, but I have no idea if she has actually been training for it so... I might be running by myself.

They have 5K runs here every week, and they always have a theme. Last week's was put on by the Veterinarians (there are K9's here) and it was the Rabies Awareness Fun Run. For those avid Office fans out there, you can imagine how upset I was that I was not able to participate in it. When I first heard about it I thought it was a joke...but it was for real. Rabies is serious stuff over here. Michael would be so touched.

I think that is all I have for now. Cara and I finally got everything that we need for our room. TV, fridge, DVD player, and some extras. We are still trying to set it all up, and when we do I will post pictures. You guys will be quite impressed at how different the place looks.

6 comments:

  1. dude, I JUST sent your box, or I would have gone across the street from my work to 30 rock and bought you the Michael Scott Rabies Awareness Run T-shirt. That's awesome you guys have a real one.

    My roommate and I have also decided we're going to run a marathon (half marathon?) when it gets warm. Ha, we'll see how this goes, I'm sure you remember how much I love running.

    Any decisions as to the re-enlistment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the amount of teasing i got for naming a group of friends and your in the "female mafia?" are you kidding me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna, this is Cindy Lee, your brother's friend from high school...remember me?? Anyway, I'm digging the "Rabies Awareness Fun Run"...good times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breaking Bad came in the mail today!! I can't wait to see more pictures of the improved CHU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure everyone back home is glad to hear things have quieted down since your last blog...even though you sound a little bored!

    St. Louis is pretty exciting right now. Thursday night will be the 2nd Cardianl play-off game, the 1st Blues home game AND the Mizzou v Nebraska game! What more could a St. Louis fan want except for all home teams to win!

    I should be sending a box your way soon, just waiting for a special delivery to arrive!

    Safe jogging,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. dearest, anna.

    it's gramma. i've finally figured out the commenting problem...as you can see. prepare to be commented upon!

    ReplyDelete