Today is Sunday, and that means it is a day of rest. Actually I think my unit realized how badly they messed up in making us come here for 45 days so they are giving us lots of down time.
The training that I mentioned we did at Ft. McCoy a couple weeks ago, well it all counted. You are probably wondering "what does counted mean?" Well all the classes that we went to, they were essentially a check block that the army need us to check in order for us to go to Iraq. For example, the hot weather injuries class teaches us how to treat someone who is going into heat exhaustion or stroke. The army needs to be able to say that we sat through "how to treat hot weather injureis", so that if something bad happens to us in hot weather (that could have been prevent) we cannot blame the army for never giving us the training to know how to combat these injuries.
Well, while we were at McCoy we were all determined that all of those classes were not going to count and that when we got here they would make us do all the classes over again. (Our faith in the army is very strong) We have all been pleasantly surprised that the classes did count. So now we are literally sitting around with nothing to do, because right now we should be going through all the classes that we took at Ft. McCoy... Ugh. So long story longer, we probably could have come down here next week and still deployed at the same time. Go Army.
There are of course a couple good things about being here so early, such as I have had ample time to workout. I have meet lots of people, and we keep each other entertained by either complaining about the ridiculousness of the army or watching Friends. I have gotten to work with my first line leaders and know how they operate so I won't piss them off in Iraq. Oh, and I have had time to buy boots and sunglasses that I probably would not have been able to get if we were only here for two weeks. See, I can be positive.
Tomorrow is Monday, so we must go back to working in an office. For me that really means fighting off the urge to fall asleep in my chair. We shall see what wins, sleep or staring off into space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was going to make a comment about proofreading your blog.. then I read your disclaimer. Your posts are overall very coherent.
ReplyDeleteSmall's cute little butt is sitting here purring, I told her to stop being so cute, but she never listens.
Her and I are about ready for a nap, then I'm going to head to the Nook of Peace, & to turn in my application at Broadway Brewery.
Im so happy all of our furniture is in! My camera should be here any day now, then I'll start posting pictures. Check out my facebook for a few pridefloat photos.
bon au revoir pour le moment